While we try to stay upbeat, positive, and compassionate for one another, there is no denying that the last several months have been hard. This is a time unlike any that we have ever experienced before, and we’re all doing our best to make informed decisions, stay connected with one another, and try to have a little fun. When the stress of clicking Not Attending on a Facebook invite, or the guilt of tipping back some bonfire beers becomes too much, we encourage you to Give Yourself a Break with Greater St. Cloud.
Everyone has different comfort levels for travel during this time, so we’ve made it easy to plan the perfect break in Greater St. Cloud, based on your feelings towards travel right now. Feel free to mix and match ideas too! Click on the itineraries below to get started.
Click Here for Cautious Traveler Itinerary Ideas
- 8am: Grab a delicious breakfast of scones & danishes from Backwards Bread Company and take it to Sand Prairie Wildlife Management Area for an early morning breakfast.
- 9am: Bring your bike and enjoy a ride along the Beaver Island Trail – or use this map to choose another trail of your liking.
- 11:30am: Worked up an appetite? Order takeout lunch from Blue Line South and take it to George Friedrich Park for a picnic
- 1pm: Time for some relaxation. Head to Munsinger Clemens Gardens for a stroll among the beautiful flowers and along the Mississippi River. Or, bring your own gear and play a round of disc golf just down the riverbank at Riverside Park!
- 3pm: Head downtown! Do some shopping at local boutiques. Take a self-guided tour of the historic buildings using this guide. Use this map to explore all of the amazing outdoor public artwork in the area.
- 5pm: And now you’re hungry again, right? Grab takeout from a downtown restaurant or hit up Shooter’s Saloon for one of their signature burgers and another picnic at River Bluffs Regional Park!
Click Here for Mid-Way Traveler Itinerary Ideas
- 9am: Start the day off right with breakfast and a handcrafted coffee drink on the patio at Rock Creek Coffeehouse
- 10am: Got clubs? Schedule a tee time and take on 9 (or 18) holes at Wapicada Golf Course
- 1pm: Lunch time! Try a St. Cloud classic – Val’s Rapid Service! Grab a delicious burger, heaping helping of fries, and of course a shake to go, and enjoy it down by Lake George – the ducks will be very jealous!
- 2pm: Get competitive! Head to Summerland for a round of mini golf or a couple of rounds on go-karts on the racetrack!
- 4pm: Feeling thirsty? Enjoy a pint – or two – from Beaver Island Brewing Company on their patio.
- 6pm: Dinner time has arrived. Head downtown and take advantage of the many seating options, Reservations preferred at some locations, so plan accordingly.
- BONUS: Get a little spooky with the brand new walk-through experience at Molitor’s Haunted Acres.
Click Here for Comfortable Traveler Itinerary Ideas
- 9am: Enjoy a classic breakfast of all your favorites like eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns at a local favorite restaurant – Brigitte’s Cafe.
- 10am: Work off that hearty meal with a hike exploring Quarry Park & Nature Preserve. Don’t forget your camera – the views at this former granite mining area turned nature park are one of a kind!
- 12pm: That hike was bound to have made you hungry. Enjoy an authentic and delicious lunch at Viet Tien Deli of pho, spring rolls, and more!
- 1pm: Indulge in some retail therapy as you browse the shops at Crossroads Center
- 3pm: Head over to River’s Edge Park where you can play some disc golf, rent bikes on the Wobegon Trail, and more!
- 5pm: Enjoy dinner at a well-known St. Cloud area classic: Anton’s Restaurant, located right on the Sauk River with great views – just ask the geese!
- 7pm: Catch a movie at Marcus Parkwood Cinema with your crew!
Click Here for Other Itinerary Ideas
- Drop a line! The Mississippi River, Quarry Park, one of many fishing piers – find your honey hole here!
- Explore a local park! Check out Bob Cross Nature Preserve, Sauk Rapids Municipal Park, Sauk River Regional Park, or Wilson Park – or check out full lists here: St. Cloud Parks, Sauk Rapids Parks, Waite Park Parks
- Try a local brew from one of many local breweries, winery and cideries – view them here.
- Get design inspiration, supplies, home decor and more from one of our many repurposed stores as well as
- Hit the range: schedule a visit to Tactical Advantage and hone in on your skills.
- Check out a local apple orchard for a taste of the season!
- Enjoy a shake or a malt from The Park Diner with your honey for date night.
*All of the recommended activities in every category assume that visitors still observe social distancing guidelines. Also, Minnesota has a mandatory mask mandate in place that requires everyone over the age of 5 with no interfering illnesses to wear a mask when visiting indoor public spaces, or outdoor spaces where social distancing is not achievable. Thank you for traveling safely!
Maps & Tours