We will be honest, things are more than a little strange for the travel industry right now. Our goal as a destination marketing organization is to promote travel to the Greater St. Cloud area, and of course we know that you can’t exactly do that at this time (please stay home!). However, with the growing demand for video conferencing capabilities for both work and social hours, we have some ideas for how you can still experience Greater St. Cloud with your friends – virtually! Who knows, maybe with these tips you’ll do virtual happy hours even after things have calmed down!
Get Your Game On
Up your virtual happy hour game with a little friendly online competition! All of the games below are available for free online.
- Cards Against Humanity: “is a party game for horrible people.” (according to their website) Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card. Play online with your grown up friends!
- Click to play Checkers, Go Fish, Crazy Eights, Match Up and more!
- Dominion: Like Catan, Dominion is a massively popular strategy-based game that pits players against one another in pursuit of victory points. Unlike Catan, Dominion is card-based, with players using decks to accumulate wealth and occasionally frustrate attempts by other players to do the same.
- Card Games: Play games like Rummy, Spades, Hearts and more. Invite friends to play via email.
- Monopoly: The quintessential board game everyone loves!
- Scrabble: Keep those spelling skills sharp, with friends!
- Challenge your friends to complete the Hunt @ Home scavenger hunt on the Visit Greater St. Cloud app for your chance to win prizes! Learn more and download the app here.
What is game night without something to sip on?! Support local breweries and wineries while you get your game on.
- Beaver Island Brewing Company: Growler pickup and delivery available, view the menu online here call 320-253-5907 to place your order.
- Pantown Brewing Company: Growlers and crowlers available for pickup and delivery. Order online here.
- Bad Habit Brewing Company: Drive up offsale of growlers and crowlers available, check their Facebook for hours.
- Third Street Brewhouse: The taproom is closed, but you can still find their brews for sale on many liquor store shelves around the state. Locate some here.
- Milk & Honey Ciders: Take out is available at the taproom Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, and off-sale is available for purchase at many area liquor stores as well. Use this locator to find some near you.
- Millner Heritage Winery: Take out is available on Saturdays, 12pm-6pm, at the winery. Please call or email in advance to place your order. 320-223-8748, email@example.com. You can also purchase their wines and ciders at many area liquor stores, find one near you here.
- Spilled Grain Brewhouse: Growlers, crowlers and 750ml bottles are available for curbside pickup during designated hours. Order online here or call in orders to 320-274-1129.
While you can’t meet your friends or family at a local restaurant for dinner on the town right now, you can still enjoy some awesome food via takeout or delivery from many local area restaurants! Check out the list here, and note that we are working to update it as new information becomes available.
Get Active Together
Many area gyms, dance studios and more are offering virtual classes for discounted rates – or free! Here are just a few you can tune in to. Plus, send the links to your friends so they can join you! Then celebrate post-workout with one of the above options.
- Ms. Melinda’s Dance Studio is offering free classes online! Check out their Facebook for more details. Please note – you must email the studio at least 2 hours in advance to hold your spot.
- Revolver Studios is offering all of their classes online! Sign up for a week of unlimited classes for just $29 – click here to learn more.
- Shanti Yoga Center has virtual classes online when you purchase their virtual membership. Learn more and sign up here.
Host a Jam Session
Nothing gets the party started like some great music. Stream some tunes from some of your favorite local artists to really set the mood!