For many travelers, the best companions have four legs. We know how important it is to you to be able to bring your dogs with when you’re on the road, so we want to make it as easy as possible to spend time with them while you’re here! From dining options to dog parks and hotels to hikes, there is so much fun you can have with your pup in Greater St. Cloud!
Coffee dates are great, but have you ever had a coffee date with your dog? Enjoy a cuppa’ on the patio at Rock Creek Coffeehouse with your favorite pup! Or have you ever wanted to grab a brew but didn’t have anyone to go with? Bring your dog with to Beaver Island Brewing Co. so you don’t have to sip alone on the patio. And what is date night if you can’t bring Fido with anyway? Dogs are welcome on the patios at 7 West Taphouse, Old Capital Tavern, The Pickled Loon & much more. BONUS: Ice cream + puppies = perfection at Mr. Twisty.
Check out all of the places with dog friendly patios in Greater St. Cloud here.
Looking for a place to lay your head with your four legged friend? Several St. Cloud area properties allow Fluffy to crash with you (some fees may apply). Downtown hotels including the Courtyard by Marriott, Best Western Kelly Inn, and Grandstay will allow dogs to spend the night. On the South side of town, AmericInn St. Cloud and Holiday Inn Express both allow dogs, and many more properties in Greater St. Cloud as well. Many area campgrounds will also allow dogs to spend the night at their campsites as long as they are kept on leashes. Check with each property individually for specific rules, fees, and guidelines.
Click here to view the full list of dog-friendly accommodations.
Area Dog Parks
Sometimes your pup just needs to run free! These area dog parks are all great places to burn off some energy and meet other dog-lovers:
- Wilson Park – 625 NE Riverside Drive, St. Cloud, MN 56301 – This popular fenced in dog park located in Wilson Park features three fenced-in sides, with the fourth side open to the Mississippi River for taking a puppy dip!
- Friends of Whitney Dog Park – Forest Drive, St. Cloud, MN 56301 – The draw of this park is that you have two different options, the Natural Area located West of the Sauk River across the foot bridge, as well as the fenced area located South of the Sauk River both at Whitney Park.
- Jaycees Park – 1111 N. 37th Ave. St. Cloud, MN 56301 – Conveniently located off Highway 15, this park is enclosed with chain-link fencing and includes separate areas for small and large dogs.
Best Places to Walk Your Dog
Experience the unique scenery of Greater St. Cloud with your four-legged friend. These are some of our favorite dog-friendly hikes in the area (please keep dogs on a leash).
- Quarry Park & Nature Preserve – This 600+ acre preserve features miles of gravel and natural walking paths that wind through 20 different former granite quarries that are now part of this beautiful nature preserve. One of the most popular attractions in the area!
- George Friedrich Park – Also home to several former granite mining quarries, this hidden gem is full of fun exploration.
- Beaver Island Trail – This paved trail is great for getting up-close to the Mississippi River and taking in the quiet surroundings of the riverbanks.
- Bend in the River Regional Park – Another way to get close the the Mississippi with your dog, this 289 acre park located in Rice has many natural trails and beautiful wildlife to experience.
- Sand Prairie Wildlife Management Area – 650 acres of beautiful wildlife located in the glacial flood plain of the Mississippi River, Sand Prairie WMA is a quiet, peaceful place for you and your dog to explore.
For many more trails and great places for hikes, check out this list! Some city parks are not dog-friendly, please confirm ahead of time.
Doggie Organizations & Services
Whether you’re looking for a place to get your dog groomed or a place for them to take a little vacation, these organizations are all located in Greater St. Cloud, and all love dogs just as much as you!Boarding
These are located withing St. Cloud, but there are more locations outside of St. Cloud also, which you can find here.
These are located withing St. Cloud, but there are more locations outside of St. Cloud also, which you can find here. Also, many of the above boarding facilities also offer grooming services.
Looking for your new best friend? Greater St. Cloud has several adoption/rescue organizations.
Forget Fido’s water dish, or in need of a new leash? These stores have a large inventory of pet supplies.
As well as many more large retailers with varied selection.