Whether you’re traveling with young family members or you’re a kid at heart yourself, St. Cloud is a great place for kids and families to enjoy. There are many different places that kiddos of all ages can burn off energy, get creative, and make memories. Here are just a few that top the list of the best kid-friendly activities in Greater St. Cloud.
AirMaxx is the ultimate place to burn off energy and have a blast in St. Cloud. The trampoline park features a massive court for jumping, a dodgeball court, and even a foam pit to jump into!. The Ninja Warrior course includes cargo nets, a warped wall, rock climbing and more to put your skills to the test. Plus, little adventurers will love the Kids Town indoor playground with a soft play structure, cozy coupes, a giant chalkboard and more. This is a one-stop-shop for all things active and fun!
Another location to get some major air, Granite City Jump Indoor Play Area includes about a dozen massive inflatable jump and climb structures, equipped with slides, climbing walls, and even an obstacle course! The bounce houses are great for kids of all ages, but younger ones will absolutely love the kids zone, featuring a mini bounce house as well as tons of other riding toys, educational toys, and more! Great for a Saturday indoors or even the perfect location to host your next birthday party!
Nothing says good old fashion fun like a round or two of bowling at Southway Bowl. Fridays and Saturdays feature cosmic bowling in the evening, where the lights get turned down, the music gets cranked up, and the party get started! Plus, if you’re looking to save a little money on bowling for the whole family, plan on visiting on a Sunday, where games are just $0.25 a piece after a $5 cover charge. Good, cheap fun!
With over 95 stores and restaurants, Crossroads Center is one of the region’s largest shopping malls. Kids will love browsing stores like Claire’s for accessories, Scheels for sporting goods, and the Northwoods Candy Emporium for… well, you know. They will also love to take on their friends at the Hi-Score arcade and climbing on the SoftPlay play area equipment at Camp Crossroads. And when they’ve worked up an appetite, they’ll love a treat from Fudgin’ Delicious Ice Cream or a giant slice of pizza from Sbarro. Everyone loves a day at the mall!
There’s going to the movies, and then there’s going to see a movie at Marcus Parkwood Cinema. It’s truly an experience for viewers of all ages! This cinema is packed with 17 theaters that all have DreamLounger reclining seats for ultimate comfort. Plus, attached to the theater is Zaffiro’s restaurant, serving up a menu of pizza, salads, sandwiches, appetizers, desserts and more – all of which you can bring with you into the theater to enjoy! And parents, you can even grab a beer, glass of wine, or mixed drink to bring with you to the show – it’s a win/win! So catch your next Hollywood flick at Marcus Parkwood Cinema.
A kids’ paradise, Chuck-E-Cheeses is full of arcade and video games as well as games for younger kids that are interactive, multi-player, and truly unique and fun! When the kiddos have racked up their winnings, they can trade them in for fun prizes and trinkets to take home. Plus, kids will love the menu of pizza, wings, appetizers, a salad bar, sandwiches and desserts like unicorn churros! Plus, mom and dad, they know their audience – beer and wine is available for purchase as well.
Take a step back in time to a retro experience at the Skatin’ Place in St. Cloud. This unique attraction features not only dozens of arcade games, great kid-friendly food options, a massive laser tag course, but an indoor roller skating and roller blading rink! The skating floor comes alive with loud music, flashing lights, and fun for skaters of all skill levels. Skates are available for rental, or you can bring your own if they are in good condition. This is also a great place to host birthday parties, family get together’s, and more!
Geared more towards the older kids, escape rooms are a great way to challenge your brain, work on teamwork, and have a blast! There are three different escape room experience available in Greater St. Cloud: Blacklight Adventures, St. Cloud Escape Rooms and Riddler’s Escape. Try them all to experience all the fun! This is a great place to host a birthday party, scout outing, or just a fun indoor afternoon for kids!
You won’t believe all of the fun you can have under one roof. Take on your friends in a little friendly competition in the Laser Tag battlefield. Win some prizes to take home at the arcade. Experience crazy views and play immersive games in one of two virtual reality rooms. Try to figure your way out in the escape room. The perfect place for a winter day, birthday party, scout outing or anything like that, all of this and more awaits you at Blacklight Adventure!
This is a kid’s play paradise! At SummerLand, you’ll find a giant 350 foot water slide, bumper boats, go-karts, batting cages, two 18-hole mini-golf courses, a bounce house, an arcade, and more! The younger ones will love Kid Kountry, which features a mini go-kart track where kiddos ages 3-5 can use power wheels or kids ages 6-8 can speed around in junior go-karts!. Plus, there are junior bumper boats available too for kids ages 3-6. There is something for kids of all ages at SummerLand!
The Greater St. Cloud area is full of many parks with playgrounds, trails, sporting fields and more, but there is something truly unique about Quarry Park. With the Quarry #11 sandy beach, now kids of all ages can experience the fun of swimming in a former granite quarry. This quarry even has some great ledges for small jumps if your kids are feeling daring. Or there’s Quarry #2 for the older kids, with no beach but high ledges for diving and beautiful views. Bring some floaties, good shoes, and a change of clothes for a post-swimming hike on the beautifully groomed trails!
If you’ve been looking for the perfect way to expose your kiddos to the joys of paddle sports, this is the way to do it! At Clear Waters Outfitting, you can rent kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards and then take a trip down the beautiful Mississippi River through calm, friendly waters. The folks at CWO will make sure you’re equipped with life jackets and help you launch, then pick you up with their shuttle at the end of your endeavor. It’s a great way to learn the sport in a safe environment, and to spend an afternoon outdoors with family!
Located just out of St. Cloud in Freeport, MN, Hemker Park and Zoo is home to over 200 different animals from monkeys and giraffes to mountain lions and rhinos! Bring the whole family out to explore the zoo, feed the giraffes and otters, enjoy refreshments from the snack shack, and learn all about the amazing animals. The beautifully kept rural grounds make for a fun and relaxing zoo experience, and the kids will love taking a trip to the farm, amazon, and jungle all in one day!
Whether from the seat of a bike, on the back of a skateboard, or even for a leisurely stroll, the Lake Wobegon Trail is a great place to enjoy the outdoors and get some movement in your day. Bring your own equipment to travel the trail or you can even rent bikes by the hour at River’s Edge Park in Waite Park, where the trail starts. Travel a few miles to St. Joseph and back or go all the way to Albany for some Dairy Queen!
Splash Pads, Pools, and Beaches
No childhood memories are complete without the joys of splashing, swimming, and getting totally exhausted at a splash pad, pool, or lake beach. Make some memories at one of many splash pads and wading pools in the Greater St. Cloud Area. You can view the full list of those here. Or, experience a true Minnesotan pastime at a local beach. You can find more information about all of the great area beaches here. No matter what you choose, you and the kiddos will have a splashin’ good time!
- Stearns History Museum: This is a great place to learn, plus they have a kids room!
- Paramount Center for the Arts: Take in a show, or take an art class in the studios – all fun kid activities!
- Rainbow Play Systems: Book a 2 hour session to come out and play at the huge indoor playground, including climbing on Rainbow Swing Sets, shooting hoops, and bouncing on the trampolines.
- Lake George: Rent a paddleboat and cruise around Lake George for a relaxing, fun time. Or rent ice skates in the winter and hit the hard water!
- Munsinger Clemens Gardens: Great place to stroll with the little ones and picnic with the whole family!
- St. Cloud YMCA: Grab a day pass and go swimming, play in the gyms, and even utilize the childcare while you squeeze in a workout!
- Powder Ridge: Winter was meant to be enjoyed outdoors! Tubing, snowboarding, and skiing can be found just outside of St. Cloud at Powder Ridge Recreation Area.
- Area Parks: There are many great (and free!) playgrounds in Greater St. Cloud, Check out these city listings for more information: Waite Park | St. Cloud | Sauk Rapids
- Events: There is always something on the events calendar in Greater St. Cloud. Check it out for all of the perfect kid-friendly events!
- HobbyTown: Take your RC vehicles for a spin on their indoor track, and shop for great crafts, games and more.
- Great River Regional Library: Check out books, events, and check out the kid zone at the local library in St. Cloud! Fun for all ages of kiddos.
- Heritage Park Skate Plaza: Do you have a little daredevil in your life? Check out the Heritage Skate Plaza for skateboarding, rollerblading, and biking terrain.
- Local Sports: Cheer for the home team at a St. Cloud ROX Baseball game or a St. Cloud Norsemen Hockey match!
- Sweet Tooth: If you’re looking for a kid-friendly treat, we can help. Check out this list of amazing ice cream locally, or this list of other unique desserts! We’re not saying you have to be a kid to enjoy these sweet options… maybe just a kid at heart.