A fellowship of musicians sharing the tradition of performing great music.
The St. Cloud Municipal Band is believed to have started after the Civil War (1865), when union soldiers brought their instruments back home. At that time they were called the St Cloud Union Band, which later changed to the St Cloud Municipal Band.
It is unknown when the band came into existence, but in an obituary dated from 1875, it was stated that a man played with the band for a number of years. The band was supported by community groups until the 1940s, when they became part of the city of St. Cloud. Not wanting the liability of the band anymore, SCMB was asked in the early 2000s to become their own nonprofit group.
The city supports the band with a yearly contribution.