Ahh yes, spring is upon us, and summer is soon to follow. That means that it’s the official start to the best season of all: Patio Season! Whether you’re looking for the perfect happy hour hot spot or a romantic date night oasis, Greater St. Cloud is home to more patios than you can shake an umbrella drink at. Enjoy responsibly, and always share your patio fun with us at #VisitStCloud!
Under our umbrella
If you’re looking for a patio that is unique and especially fun, look no further than these St. Cloud area favorites.
5th Ave S., Downtown
In 2020 with outdoor dining being preferred, St. Cloud shut down vehicle traffic along 5th Ave. S. downtown to allow for more patio space for all of the bars and restaurants along that road. Now in 2021, this is back and even better! Enjoy safe outdoor dining under the twinkling lights of 5th Avenue all summer long.
Look who’s rocking their fancy pants at the Red Carpet Martini Lounge (it’s you). Indulge in delicious drinks amidst the hustle and bustle of Downtown St. Cloud on the Martini Lounge deck! Just be careful, you might never want to leave!
Who said playgrounds were just for kids? Not Boulder Tap House! Grab lunch with your crew on the patio here and you can sit on swings as you satisfy your cheese curd cravings! Note: bumper-swings is not recommended nor endorsed by Visit Greater St. Cloud.
Any winos in the crowd? Whether you’re sweet like moscato, fun like prosecco, or serious like cabernet sahvig-… sauvahg-… gagno-… ah, you know – or just here for a beer, The Veranda Lounge offers a shaded, grand patio from which to enjoy your favorite beverage.
You know how when you travel to a conference for work, you like to find a combination of convenient, delicious, affordable and fun for dining options? The Green Mill checks all those boxes. Attached to the Best Western Kelly Inn downtown for convenient access, their patio offers shade or sun, great food and drink, and even a bonfire for when the sun goes down!
Greater St. Cloud’s pride and joy, Anton’s Restaurant is historic, quirky, and full of delicious surprises, and when it comes to patio dining, they do not disappoint. Enjoy your meal in screened-in comfort overlooking the Sauk River, with the beautiful acoustics of geese, ducks, and the occasional “THIS IS THE BEST POPOVER EVER!” as background noise.
Going to a movie theater in the summer is sometimes a tough choice – why would you spend a beautiful summer evening indoors? But when you can pregame the latest blockbuster with a pizza on the Zaffiro’s patio, that makes it the perfect summer night.
When you need a patio to fit an entire NFL team – and manager – comfortably, Ultimate Sports Bar can accomodate. The sprawling patio offers you the choice to sit out in the sun, or to lounge in shaded comfort under the covered half of the patio. Live music is often taking stage out on the deck, and a bar on one wall faces both indoors and outdoors to make your refills even easier. Perfect for date night, the big game, or just happy hour!
Order’s up – come get it!
Willing to go the extra mile for the perfect patio experience? These establishments – all within a 30-minute drive or less of St. Cloud – are just what you’re looking for!
Sensing a brewery theme here… and loving it. Bad Habit Brewing is located in the heart of St. Joseph, and they’ve created their very own open-door policy. When the sun is shining and the mood is right. Bad Habit Brewing opens the garage door to their patio, and then the fun really begins!
Take a quiet country setting in St. Joseph. Add in locally crafted specialty ciders. Sprinkle with occasional food trucks, rustic décor, and a touch of vintage appeal. What do you get? Milk and Honey Ciders, with a patio that has an adjoining playground! So while mom and dad kick back and enjoy a cider flight, the kids can play, and all can grab a bite to eat! It’s really a win all around.
Trying to impress someone? Learn how to pronounce bruschetta and prosciutto, brush up on your sommelier skills, dress the part, and take them to Bello Cucina’s patio. Covered with romantic lighting, and offering some of the finest Italian dining around, an evening on the Bello Cucina patio does not disappoint.
With a rich local and regional history dating back to 1932, Fisher’s Club in Avon takes pride in being “a fairly good place for quite some time,” with a no-frills atmosphere that emphasizes fish, family and fun. The patio, which overlooks Middle Spunk Lake, is relaxed, vibrant, and a summery as they come.
Ah yes, the land of a bajillion lakes, we’d be remiss to not include something with a lakeview. Grand Lake Grill has a sprawling 2 level deck/patio with the best view of Grand Lake in Rockville. Casual American fare on a sunny afternoon? We’ll meet you there.
Don’t let the façade of a simple sports bar fool you, the Side Bar in Cold Spring is hiding a fun surprise, right out their back door. Two words: Tiki. Bar. That’s right folks, order up your favorite casual menu item, don your flip-flops and SPF, and get tiki with it. It’s tiki time. Let’s tiki bout it. Okay moving on.
Yay beer, amirite? Locally brewed craft beer, to be exact. Third Street Brewhouse is located on a quiet corner but is full of fun when you choose to enjoy your flight on their patio. Often accompanied by local food trucks so you don’t go hungry, Third Street Brewhouse is always worth the drive.
Did you work up an appetite swimming at Warner Lake all day? Or perhaps kayaking down the Mississippi from Clear Waters Outfitting? Brickyard Bar & Grill in Clear Lake is the place to go! Great American fare with a fun and lively patio is the perfect way to fuel up after a day on the water.
Other sources of sunshine and good vibes
We would be remiss not to mention these other fun, delicious, and, well, outdoor options that you could choose to visit.
- 7 West Taphouse: Street-side dining at its finest on 5th Ave.!
- Beaver Island Brewing Company: There truly is nothing better than enjoying local brews in the sunshine, especially when they’re from Beaver Island Brewing Company.
- Blue Line Sports Bar St. Cloud: In search of the perfect after-work beer-and-wings staple? You need to spend the afternoon on the Blue Line patio.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Boneless chicken wings + a sunny patio * an ice cold lemonade = your next stop.
- El Loro Mexican Restaurant: Authentic Mexican cuisine (and a margarita or two) make this spot more than a patio – it’s a vacation!
- Granite City Food & Brew: Don’t be fooled, this Granite City was the original of the chain, and their patio boasts bustling views and even a water feature.
- Grizzly’s: From happy hour to date night and everything in between, Grizzly’s patio is known for always being fun.
- House of Pizza West: This spacious patio is on a busy roadside, but feels secluded and private thanks to the intimate lighting and decor.
- Jimmy’s Pour House: Located Downtown Sauk Rapids, Jimmy’s is a laid back place to sip a drink in the sunshine.
- Jules’ Bistro: When you’re looking for a lunch spot that’s outside the norm, choose to dine on a fresh garden salad or hand-crafted pizza on Jules’ patio.
- Kohinoor Bar & Grill: Cozy and quaint, the patio at Kohinoor Bar & Grill begs for
intimate gatherings who happen to love authentic Indian cuisine.
- Lincoln Depot: Choo Choo – here comes delicious food special and great company!
- Mexican Village: Their famous margaritas taste even better when enjoyed on their lively enclosed sidewalk patio.
- Molitor’s Quarry Grill & Bar: Relaxing with a great meal overlooking a beautiful pond in remote Sauk Rapids? Only at Molitor’s!
- Mr. Twisty: This walk-up ice cream and fast food shop has a perfect patio for enjoying your sweet treat!
- Old Capital Tavern: Sauk Rapids doesn’t disappoint when it comes to outdoor dining at Old Capital Tavern – home to nearly 50 taps of craft beer!
- Olde Brick House: One of St. Cloud’s newest and finest dining options doesn’t skimp on any Irish authenticity – and you can even enjoy it out on their patio!
- Olive Garden: An Italian cream soda in the sunshine, isn’t that a 90’s pop song?
- Pickled Loon: Dine street-side at this downtown eatery, specializing in unique foodie finds.
- Shooter’s Saloon & Eatery: Screened in comfort – is there anything better? Maybe just add a burger and you’ve found paradise.
- White Horse: Another local favorite, the sidewalk dining at White Horse is perfect for before you catch a show at the Paramount.