From November 23rd all the way through the month of December, there is something holiday-related on stage playing nearly every single day of the week. From hysterical holiday plays to stunning Christmas music performances, Greater St. Cloud will leave you fa-la-la-loving the holiday cheer and Christmas spirit all month long. Click here to view the list.
There is just something about the natural pine smell and cozy holiday splendor of a real Christmas tree. Fortunately, there are several different tree farms in the Greater St. Cloud area where you can harvest your own! The best part? Many of these tree farms come with activities, games, and refreshments that will also get you in the holiday spirit. Check out the list and find more details here!
Ongoing through December: Santa Claus Visits Around Town
Santa Claus is coming… to St. Cloud! He is a busy man this month, with appearances all over the area. Click on each below to learn more and plan a date with your little ones to visit Jolly Old St. Nicholas!
- Ongoing until Dec. 24: Photos with Santa at Crossroads Mall
- December 1: Brunch with Santa at the St. Cloud Country Club
- December 6: Santa Event at Quiet Oaks Hospice House
- December 8: Pictures & Cookies with Santa & Mrs. Claus at MTH
- December 10: Cocoa and Cookies with Santa at Simonson Lumber
- December 14: Santa Day at Great River Federal Credit Union
- December 14: Scheels Meet & Greet with Mrs. Claus
- December 21: Skate with Santa
Bring the whole family for an evening of wonder and merriment at the St. Cloud Hospital as they celebrate the annual lighting ceremony. The lights will glow at 7pm, and there will also be horse-drawn trolley rides, reindeer, holiday carols, a living nativity, visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and some refreshments. Attendees are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for donation, otherwise there is no cost to attend. Plan your magical night here!
Country music singer Jason Michael Carroll will be taking the Jack Daniels stage on Thursday, December 5th! Known for hits like Livin’ Our Love Song and I Can Sleep When I’m Dead, tickets will sell fast for this Nashville superstar’s show. Door open at Rollies at 6pm, and the show starts at 8pm, get your tickets by calling 320.255.0912 now!
Catch all of the holiday classics you love on the big screen at Marcus Parkwood Cinema – for only $6 a ticket! Don’t miss How The Grinch Stole Christmas, White Christmas, and Elf playing December 6-12, and It’s a Wonderful Life, The Polar Express, and Christmas Vacation playing December 13-19! Check here for showtimes, and bring the whole family for some holiday fun!
Get ready for a whole day of holiday fun in Sauk Rapids, hosted by the Sauk Rapids Community Ambassador Organization! Come out to the Sauk Rapids VFW for kids bingo, pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and a silent auction. Donate to Toys for Tots and take part in the Trots for Tots at 3pm at the Sauk Rapids Fire Department. Come hungry for the steak fry and meat raffle from 5-8pm. And bundle up for the Holiday Parade of Lights at 5pm along 2nd Avenue, featuring the sights and sounds of the season and fun for all ages! View the full schedule and plan your day here.
All aboard for this annual holiday tradition! The CP Holiday Train departs from Montreal Canada on November 25th and makes dozens of stops through the United States and Canada, ending on December 18th. With two local stops in Annandale and Kimball, you can celebrate with the sights and sounds of the train too. The train stops in Annandale at 7:15 and Kimball at 8:55 and includes a free concert from Meghan Patrick, Tanika Charles and Kelly Prescott at each location. People are encouraged to bring donations for the food shelf, and a bunch of holiday cheer! See the schedule and stop locations here.
Bring the whole family out to watch some of the best men’s hockey action in the state, right here at the Herb Brooks National Hockey Center! St. Cloud State takes on Omaha for a two game series, and it’s sure to be a great matchup. Tickets are available online here, so get yours now, grab your red and black and get ready to cheer on the Huskies to victory!
The annual holiday celebration is back at Stearns History Museum for another year of fun! Kringlefest is on Saturday, December 14th from 10:30 – 1:30 and features photos with Santa, arts and crafts, treats, music, and much more! Admission is free for Stearns History Museum members, otherwise it is $5 per person. Learn more here, and we ho-ho-hope to see you there!
Bring the family for a full day of holiday celebrations all over the downtown St. Cloud Area! From shopping strolls to light parades, there is holiday fun happening all day long! Click on the following events for more information.
- Snowflake Stroll: Shop, sip and stroll all of the locally owned downtown businesses from 11am – 5pm on December 14th. This family friendly event will have winter themed activities, special deals, prizes and more hosted at all of the participating businesses downtown.
- Winter Wonderland: Bundle up the kiddos and get ready for the annual Winter Wonderland at Lake George! There is so much to do including arts and crafts, cookie decorating, a reindeer petting zoo, hayrides, pictures with Santa, touch-a-truck, and much more! Admission is free thanks to Capital One, and food shelf donations are encouraged.
- Winter Nights & Lights Parade: Come downtown to experience the winter nights and lights parade at 5pm! Lit up by Christmas lights and holiday cheer, this parade starts on the West end of St. Germain and travel to the River’s Edge Convention Center!
- City of St. Cloud’s Weihnachtsmarkt: Come on down to 5th Avenue under the festoon lights for Christmas Tree lighting, heated tents, traditional German food and drink such as Gluhwein and Lebkuchen, as well as Christmas cookies, bratwurst and sauerkraut, hot cocoa and Beaver Island Beer. There will be music, food, and craft vendors as well, catch it all from 5pm-8pm on December 14th.
Get ready to rock out in style with the Fabulous Armadillos at a HOUSE PARTY at the Pioneer Place on 5th on December 30th and 31st. Doors open at 8pm, and music, food, and dancing begins at 9 and goes until midnight! Party in the Veranda Lounge, Theater, and new upstairs bar area with a midnight countdown, complimentary champagne toast, party favors, hors d’oeuvres, late night pizza, and more! Everyone’s a VIP – only 150 guest allowed per night! Reserve your spot by grabbing a ticket in person at the Veranda Lounge during bar hours. Get all of the details here!