Due to COVID-19, we encourage you to please check with event organizers, as plans change quickly and often.
- This event has passed.
Nature Art “at home” Camp with St. John’s Outdoor University
July 20, 2020 - July 24, 2020
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Monday, repeating until July 31, 2020
Outdoor U ‘at home’ camps are designed for kids to do at home this summer. All materials are available for free on the website and grownups can register their campers for a fee which then includes daily virtual interaction with camp staff and more! Recommended for rising 3rd-6th grade students (younger kids are welcome, but may require additional help from adults at home).
Nature Art camp will help campers learn about the basics of art and how they apply to nature. Campers will gain an appreciation for the colors, shapes, patterns, and textures of nature while thinking creatively about items from nature near their home.
All camps aim to help campers view nature in their own neighborhood in a new way while cultivating respect, observations, and wonder about the natural world. The camp materials and activities are age-appropriate activities developed by Outdoor U education staff to encourage safe exploration of camper’s immediate environment.
Each camp day is centered around a topic that connects to the camp theme and will include a variety of hands on activities such as outdoor exploration, journaling, arts and crafts, online materials, and educational resources. Camp days are intended to be self paced and flexible with the length of time spent on activities dependent upon the interest of the camper.
- Jul 15, 2020 at 08:00 am (Wed)
- Jul 16, 2020 at 08:00 am (Thu)
- Jul 17, 2020 at 08:00 am (Fri)
- Jul 20, 2020 at 08:00 am (Mon)
- Jul 21, 2020 at 08:00 am (Tue)
- Jul 22, 2020 at 08:00 am (Wed)
- Jul 23, 2020 at 08:00 am (Thu)
- Jul 24, 2020 at 08:00 am (Fri)
- Jul 27, 2020 at 08:00 am (Mon)
- Jul 28, 2020 at 08:00 am (Tue)
- Jul 29, 2020 at 08:00 am (Wed)
- Jul 30, 2020 at 08:00 am (Thu)
- Jul 31, 2020 at 08:00 am (Fri)