- This event has passed.
Earth Day Virtual Run
April 24 @ 11:00 am - May 20 @ 11:30 pm
Earth Day Run is excited to announce details about the new virtual run, taking place April 24 – May 20 for runners in Central Minnesota and beyond! The virtual race features a half marathon, half marathon relay and 5K. (It does not include a 1K as that event is not timed.)
Virtual Run Details
- Those who sign up for the virtual run will run the race distance on their own.
- Those who are already registered for September’s Earth Day Run are already registered in the virtual run.
- In a virtual run, you will run your race distance on your own, or with a friend (making sure to follow social distancing guidelines). Your run does not have to follow the Earth Day Run race routes, and it can be run anywhere in the world.
- You will need to track your distance and time using a GPS. GPS watches are great options for this, as are phone apps such as MapMyRun, Garmin, Runkeeper, etc.
- When finished with your run, take a screenshot/photo of your time and race route and submit them to us. Pickle Events Timing will compile the results.
WHEN IS THE RUN?
The time frame for completing the run is from April 24 – May 20. You can submit your race result as of 11 a.m. on Friday, April 24. Your last chance to submit your result is Wednesday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
If you are currently registered for Earth Day Run events on Sept. 4-5, you do not need to register for the virtual run! Within the next week, you will receive a link for submitting your virtual run race result. The virtual run will be free to you, made possible by incredible sponsors! 5K teams will have the option to run individually. Relay runners will be able to run their legs separately and combine their times to submit.
If you are unable to run in September, but want to run virtually (and earn some AWESOME swag), you can find prices and registration – and more details on other types of registration – online.
WHAT ABOUT SWAG?
Virtual runners who are also registered for the Earth Day Run will receive their swag at the Earth Day Packet Pickup, presented by Central McGowan, on Friday, Sept. 4.
Virtual runners only (not running in September) will have the option to receive their swag items via mail or a pickup location in St. Cloud. Details on the pickup location and dates will be sent out soon. 5K registrants will receive a wicking longsleeve shirt and medal, and half marathoners will receive a custom racer hoodie and medal.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Next week you will receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a personalized link to submit your run result. Please make sure “email@example.com” will not get caught in your spam filter.
The results are checked for realism based on age-graded results. It is recommended to track your run using an app like Strava or Garmin in case there are any issues or they need to verify your run.
WHAT ABOUT RESULTS AND PRIZES?
PRESENTED BY GRANITE EQUITY PARTNERS
After May 21, you can find overall results and age group results, as well as a Finisher’s Certificate, on the website, and you will also be sent a link. Until then, you will only be able to see your individual time and the leaderboard.
The virtual run will have no age group awards. Instead, they will be giving out thousands of dollars in prizes to participants, thanks to Zulu Audio and other sponsors.
They will be giving away piles of Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth Speakers ($50 value), shirts, swag and more for those who tag and have fun with this run on the Facebook page! If you haven’t liked Earth Day Run on Facebook, now is the time!