- This event has passed.
E-Cabaret: Group Challenge
May 3 @ 12:00 am - 11:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until May 10, 2020
Friends and Families this E-Cabaret is for you! Join forces with friends/family near or far…using technology, of course, to record your favorite group number (3+ people, just follow all physical distance requirements) from a Broadway show! Everyone can all use a little joy, a little fun, and a little entertainment and the more the merrier! Record yourself and your scene partners singing and send it to GREAT to be included in a virtual cabaret airing on May 15 at 7pm CST!
Here’s the process:
- Select your song. (Please select a family friendly tune for 3+ people.)
- Find a karaoke track to accompany you (YouTube is a great resource).
- Plan with your group members to determine who is singing what part.
- Choose your favorite three minutes of the song to record and submit.
- Practice and have some fun…add costume pieces or maybe a prop or two and choreography is definitely encouraged. It’s show biz so go for it!
- Put on headphones and plug into the music source.
- Video record yourself singing your part of the song (or have someone else record you – a phone works great as a recording device) with the highest video quality possible (not more than 1080p). Remember, you should be seen and heard (but not hear the background music because you are wearing head phones).
- Each individual person’s vocal track should be recorded separately (unless you all live in the same house and are actually recording in the same room together – but still send the instrumental music file separately from the vocal recording).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with all parts by 11:59pm on Sunday, May 10 (send it in early if you can!):
- The recordings of you and your group members singing (share via Drop Box, Google Drive link, or We Transfer and please make sure permissions are set for sharing). Please be sure to include your name and all members of your group in your submission.
- The link to the karaoke track you used.
- If you are a minor (under age 18) please submit your signed release form with your video.
- If you edited your group’s three minutes yourself that’s fine! Please send the finished file to email@example.com by 11:59pm on Sunday, May 10. We’d love to have submissions sooner, though!