Due to COVID-19, we encourage you to please check with event organizers, as plans change quickly and often.
- This event has passed.
The Amazing-est Race
October 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
United Way of Central Minnesota Presents: The Amazing-est Race (from home)
Sponsored by: GeoComm
Saturday, October 3, 2020 | 9:00am – 11:00am | St. Cloud Area
Amazing-est Race (from home) is a St. Cloud wide scavenger hunt consisting of teams of 2-4. Using a cell phone and app, teams will be given a series of clues and challenges to complete in a 2 hour time period. Each challenge will be worth different point values, and some will include bonus points, so teams will need to strategize how to earn the most points.
- To begin, one member of your team must stop by the drive through registration on Thursday, October 1st to pick up your race packet at the United Way office in downtown St. Cloud. This information will help you prepare for the challenges the next day and will contain a few surprises.
- On race day, at exactly 9am teams will receive virtual access to all the challenges and clues. You will not be able to complete all the tasks, so choose which you can complete and earn the most points. Some challenges can be completed anywhere (even at home) while others will need you to find a specific location and complete a task to earn the points.
- You can choose to get to locations however you choose, by foot, bike, public transportation, or vehicle – but you must follow all traffic laws. This race is not about completing the most challenges but about earning the most points!
- Some challenges will notify you that bonus points are available to the most creative, best performed, etc. These points will be awarded by judges after the race. Judges will also be verifying all submitted challenges, if you did not follow all instructions your points for that challenge will be removed.
- Most challenges will be able to be completed virtually, without interacting with anyone other than your teammates. Some challenges will have a judge present, all social distancing and sanitation will be followed to keep participants safe. These challenges will be noted. If you prefer to remain socially distant for the entire race we recommend skipping these challenges.
- Each team will have two hours to earn as many points as possible.
- At exactly 11 am, no other challenges will be accepted. Judges will review all submitted photos to review for accuracy and award bonus points where necessary.
- At 3 pm, all teams are invited to join a live Zoom as United Way awards prizes to the top teams.
- All challenges will be set in the St. Cloud area. In your race packet, you will receive a map showing the boundaries of where challenges can be found. Since this is a virtual race, you can choose to start in your home, completing as many challenges there as possible or you may want to position yourself in the St. Cloud area, closer to location challenges.
Awards will be presented via Zoom at 3 pm for all participating teams.
- Adults (12+) – $20
- Children (6-11) – $10
- Children (under 6) – free