The dozens of TV screens, the comradery of cheering with other fans, the great food and drinks, there’s just something so fun about a sports bar. There are many great places in Greater St. Cloud to catch a game and a great bite to eat, but here are just a few ideas for where to meet your buddies next time the big game is on.
Blue Line Sports Bar & Grill – South
Touted as “more than just a sports bar,” the Blue Line is the place to gather to watch a game, grab a bite, and even score some grillin’ goods at a meat raffle! This place is good for grown ups and kids alike, with screens featuring all of the big games and great drink specials to go along with your viewing parties. Grab a seat indoors or on the patio and score!
The Boulder Tap House
The Boulder Tap House is known for serving being the place to get a burger and a brew. With dozens of local and regional craft beers on tap, they’ll have just what you’re craving! Plus, the dining room is full of TVs for watching all of the hottest games and matches. Fun for families and friends, The Boulder Tap House is a great place to hang out!
Located in Sauk Rapids, Danny’s Dugout is a great place to do happy hour, catch a game, or challenge a friend to a round or two of darts. Order up some grub and tune in to the next big game on one of the 22 TV screens in the bar area. Plus, this place is a beer lovers dream. With 32 local brews on tap, you can try several of them in one place. Sounds like a win!
Duck’s Sports Bar & Grill
The good times start here, and it’s no question of why. Duck’s Sports Bar features an indoor golf simulator, 12 pool tables, dart boards and even outdoor sand volleyball courts. And when it’s time to wind down, catch a game or two on the screens with a great meal and drink. The perfect place to meet up with some buds for some friendly competition and a good meal!
H.R. Pesty’s Saloon & Eatery
Get dinner, drinks and pull tabs all in one place at this family-owned restaurant in Waite Park. H.R. Pesty’s serves up classics meals from burgers to wraps to sandwiches and more as well as ice cold beer with a side of sports action. Located close to the MAC, it’s a great place to meet up with the team between games or a place to gather and celebrate after a big win!
House of Pizza – West
Known for, of course, their pizza, the House of Pizza is also a great place to catch the latest games! With a large bar area, expansive patio, and plenty of screens, it’s always a fun place to meet up. Plus their menu is huge, so you won’t leave here hungry! Get out of your house and head to THE House.
Howie’s Sports Bar & Grill
A staple place to party downtown St. Cloud, Howie’s is a huge supporter of local athletic teams as well as a great place to catch the big games. With 18 TVs and a big screen, you won’t miss a moment of the action. Plus, hop on the SCSU Men’s Hockey FREE shuttle bus to every home game to and from Howie’s for a true local sports experience!
Ultimate Sports Bar
Located in Waite Park, the Ultimate Sports Bar has been a game-watching institution for many years. This newly remodeled bar and event space includes axe throwing lanes, a massive 4 season patio, fun and unique drink specials, an expansive menu, plus, of course 75 widescreen TVs with tabletop speakers so you won’t miss a second of the action. Check them out and cheer on!
Other Honorable Mentions
- Buffalo Wild Wings: A chain restaurant with great wings, BWW is worth mentioning because of the sheer volume of TV’s in the bar!
- Friends Bar & Restaurant: Where old friends go and new friends meet, it’s the perfect place to catch a game with friends.
- Jimmy’s Pour House: This Sauk Rapids establishment is a local favorite, with great food and drinks in a friendly environment.
- Lincoln Depot: Follow the tracks to Lincoln Depot, where you’ll find great food and game day deals.
- MC’s Dugout Bar & Grill: Located downtown, MC’s is the home of the hairy buffalo drink, and a great place to do happy hour.
- Midtown Bar & Grill: Midtown Bar & Grill is the place to meet your friends for some pull tabs and a brew during the game.
- MT’s on 8th: MT’s is a laid back local bar with great burgers – watch the daily specials!
- Shooters Saloon & Eatery: Shooters Saloon serves up amazing burgers and is never short on good times.
- 7 West Taphouse: This downtown tap room offers 50 taps on deck and a lively atmosphere for all.