Summer is far from over and we have a LOT happening this month around Greater St. Cloud! Kicking things off is the Benton County Fair, an annual tradition that happens the first week of August,. Plus with all of the other events including 5k races, theater performances, live music, and more, your calendar is officially full!
The Benton County Fair is an annual summer tradition of fun. Come enjoy rides, games, animals, entertainment, food, and much more for 6 days at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Sauk Rapids. Admission to the fair is free and is open from 8am until almost midnight most nights, depending on the live music schedule. Make some plans to enjoy the fair this year!
The Grandstand & Music stage schedule includes:
- Tuesday, August 2nd: Ranch Rodeo by Birch Coulee Arena 6pm
- Switch 7-10:30pm
- Wednesday, August 3rd: Demo Derby 7:30pm
- IV Play 8-11:30pm
- Thursday, August 4th: Truck Pull 6pm
- Pandemic Rocks 8pm-midnight
- Friday, August 5th: Tractor Pull 5pm
- Mason Dixon Line 8pm-midnight
- Saturday, August 6th: Demo Derby 6:30pm
- Honey Badgers 8pm-midnight
- Sunday, August 7th: Autocross 1pm
- Kat Blue noon-4pm
August 12th @ 4pm
Come Downtown St. Cloud for great food, specialty shopping, and inspiring local art! Walking is recommended, but crawling is welcome. Check with your favorite downtown hot spots for details on who they will be displaying in August!
This three-day showcase of grassroots talent, beautiful art and original music started as a way to support the local venues, theaters, restaurants and businesses locals love during the massive street construction of historic 5th Avenue in downtown Saint Cloud during the summer and fall of 2017. WE still believe in our mission and we had so much fun, we wanted to do it again! Supporting and celebrating local businesses, artists, performers and musicians. Get your $10 Common Roots Festival button for access to local music and deals at participating businesses! Local Artists. Live, Original Music. One-of-a-kind Venues. Click HERE for a full artist line up.
Come out to the Clearwater Rodeo grounds for three days of rodeo action! Events include bronc riding, steer wrestling, barrel racing, bull riding, and much more. With pony rides for kids, live music, great food, and much more, this is a great event to check out with the whole family.
Friday August 19th 2022
- TBRA Rodeo performance to begin at 7pm
- Rodeo Dance following the performance with the band Bourbon Creek
Saturday August 20th 2022
- BBQ Supper & all the trimmings at 4pm for $15/meal
- TBRA Rodeo performance to begin at 6pm
- Rodeo Dance following the performance with the band Hitchville
Sunday August 21st 2022
- Non-denominational Cowboy Church Service 10am
- Kid’s Day from Noon – 2pm for kids aged 12 and under, $10 admission, includes a free hot dog and chance in kids raffle drawing.
- Kids 4 & under are FREE.
- Activities include a petting zoo, free pony rides, games, etc.
- TBRA Rodeo performance to begin at 2pm
Fun Run Saturday August 20, Car Show & Swap Meet Sunday August 21
Join the annual fun run leaving at 6:00 pm sharp. The line up starts one block west of Mills Fleet Farm at County Road 138 & 33rd Avenue South (west of the round-about). For a Map of the run click HERE.
Largest One Day Car Show & Swap Meet in Minnesota: 7am-3pm
- Swap Vendors
- Indoor Arts & Crafts
- Used Car Corral
- Food Vendors
- Indoor Displays of Pan Cars, Calendar Cars & More!!
Get your tickets to Comedian Tommy Ryman on August 9th at 7:30pm and to “Rainy Days & Mondays” – The Music of the Carpenters on August 13th at 7:30pm.
August 13, 1-7pm
The Drive By Art Show is a chance to experience local art from artists from all over the community. Artists will set up displays of their work in their front yards for people to visit and tour throughout the days.
Pick up a map ahead of time with all of the yard locations to check out the artwork. You can find maps online here and at Buddha Glass, Stretch Nutrition, and in the artists yards.